National Institute of Informatics Library Usage Guide (For General Public)
As a measure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection, the library usage by general public is determined based on the notice indicated by governments.
Please make sure of the latest condition for the public usage to contact us at Email address shown in this web page below.
Qualification Library Hours Using procedure How to Search for Materials Checkout / Photocopy Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Faculty members, researchers, interns, graduate students of NII.
- The general user who applied for use of the materials which NII Library holds.
- The researcher who studies informatics.
- Hours : 9:00-17:30
- Closed : Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, Dec. 29th to Jan. 3rd.
Library entrance is ordinarily locked.
- If you do not have an ID card issued by the National Institute of Informatics, please book an appointment in advance. Those without an appointment will not be admitted.
- For making an advance booking, please contact us at least one week prior to your scheduled visit to the e-mail address given in the "Contact Us" section, with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your affiliation (if any)
- Desired date(s) and time(s) of your visit
- Contact details (e-mail address and telephone number)
- Title of the resource(s) you wish to use
- We will provide detailed guidelines on how to use the service to those who contact us.
How to Search for Materials
- Please use Library Search.
- You can search also by CiNii Books.
However, CiNii Books is not a library catalogue of only our Library.
If you search and find the materials, it is necessary to check whether it is shown in university library possession screen with"National Institute of Informatics".
Checkout / Photocopy
- Checkout services for external users is not available. You can apply for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services through the library of the university or institute to which you belong.
- Fee : ¥35 per sheet.
It is also possible to apply for a photocopy through the library of the university or institute to which you belong.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
We are accepting a request for Interlibrary Loan and photocopy from universities and national research institutions. Please consult with your library staff for details.
- held at library : 1 month
- held at laboratory : 2 weeks
- Loan period is from date of shipment to the arrival date of the return materials.
Unbound journals and the NII Publications for preservation cannot be lent.
Materials held at laboratory and audio visual materials might not be lent.
Library Support Team
Scholarly and Academic Information Division
Cyber Science Infrastructure Development Department
National Institute of Informatics
2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8430