Center for Dataset Sharing and Collaborative Research
The 8th DSC Seminar
"Information Fostering: Being Proactive in Information Seeking"
Speaker: Dr. Chirag Shah (Rutgers University, NJ, USA)
Place/Time: NII Room 2005, 13:30-15:00, July 24th, 2017
The 7th DSC Seminar
"Egocentric computer vision, for fun and science"
Speaker: Prof. David Crandall (Indiana University Bloomington)
Place/Time: NII Room 1208, 14:30-15:30, July 6th, 2017
The 6th DSC Seminar
"From scientific idea to startup company"
Speaker: Prof. Laurent Daudet (Paris Diderot University, LightOn, Paris)
Place/Time: NII Room 1210, 14:00-15:00, Jun. 27th, 2017
The 5th DSC Seminar
"Exploring Information Spaces: Methods to Support Searching, Learning and Sensemaking"
Speaker: Prof. Andreas Nürnberger (Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)
Place/Time: NII Room 2004, 13:30-15:00, Jun. 1st, 2017
The 4th DSC Seminar
"Recent advances for billion-scale similarity search"
Speaker: Dr. Herve Jegou (Facebook AI Research, Paris)
Place/Time: NII Room 1901/1902, 11:00-12:00, Apr. 20th, 2017
The 3rd DSC Seminar
"Anaphora resolution: to what extent does it help NLP applications?"
Speaker: Prof. Ruslan Mitkov (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
Place/Time: NII Room 1509(seminar room 2), 10:15-11:45, Mar. 24th, 2017
The 2nd DSC Seminar
"Computational Manga Analysis: Face Detection, Style Classification, and Manga Composition"
Speaker: Prof. Wei-Ta Chu (National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan)
Place/Time: NII Room 1901, 14:00-16:00, Feb. 16th, 2017
The 1st DSC Seminar
"Data Science and Information Science: A HumanCentric View"
Speaker: Prof. Gary Marchionini (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill）
Place/Time: NII Room 2001A, 16:00-17:00, Jan. 19th, 2017
About the Center
The Center aims at promoting research of informatics through resource sharing and collaborative research in the research community. We collect various datasets and provide them to the researchers, and in parallel conduct research and development on dataset building and their utilization platform, then develop those results to collaborative research activities.
- Providing informatics research datasets for researchers (Operation of IDR & SRC)
- Development of informatics research datasets (Operation of NTCIR)
- Research and development of a platform for shared content type research
- Promotion of collaborative research based on the shared datasets applying the platform
- OYAMA Keizo (Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- KANDO Noriko (Professor, Information and Society Research Division)
- SATOH Shin'ichi (Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- MIYAO Yusuke (Associate Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- YAMAGISHI Junichi (Associate Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- OHSUGA Tomoko
- HORIUCHI Marika
- ISHIOROSHI Madoka
National Institute of Informatics DSC Office
* Please replace（a）with @.