|Name of society:
||The Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP)
||1946 (journal Oyo Buturi [Applied Physics] published since 1932)
||24,300 individual members (as of Sept., 1, 2010)
780 sustaining members (as of Sept.,1,2010)
(1) Applied Physics Express (APEX), monthly
(2) Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP), monthly
(3) Optical Review (OR), bimonthly, edited by the Optical Society
of Japan, a division of the JSAP
|| APEX: APEX Online
JJAP: JJAP Online, J-STAGE
OR: Optical Review Digital Archive, SpringerLink, J-STAGE
APEX / JJAP Articles (full-text; PDF files), citation metadata,
bibliographic metadata, and full-text search
|Electronic submissions system:
||JSAP has its own submissions and review system.
Measures Needed to Further Improve the Journals
- Aiming to further accelerate publication while maintaining high quality (APEX).
- Raising the level of the journal as a whole by establishing a feature section containing high-quality articles on the latest topics (JJAP).
- Further improvement of our special issues linked to international conferences (JJAP).
- Launched a new review section linked to JSAP’s Japanese-language journal (JJAP).
- Raising recognizability and visibility in the field of optics (OR).
- Continuous improvement and development of our online journal platform (APEX/JJAP).
- Continuous improvement and development of our submission and review system (APEX/JJAP).
- Monitoring trends among overseas journals in the same field (APEX/JJAP).
E-journal Sales Promotion to University Libraries
- For APEX/JJAP, archives from the first issues onward are accessible (bibliographic metadata and full-text PDFs).
- We provide access statistics.
Promotion to Authors to Further Increase Submissions
- To raise our name recognition, especially among overseas researchers, since 2009 we have actively exhibited at international conferences in related fields, for example, the Materials Research Society's Spring and Fall Meetings.
- We are strengthening our editorial structure to make the review process faster and fairer (APEX/JJAP).
- We provide free access for a limited period to certain content, such as the year’s ten most cited articles and the winners of the JSAP Outstanding Paper Award (APEX/JJAP).
- The Editorial Board selects noteworthy articles and brings them to readers’ attention by an e-mail alert service (APEX/JJAP).