Aims and Scope [PDF 8KB]
Progress in Informatics is an international peer-reviewed journal published by the National Institute of Informatics, Japan (NII), aiming at the promotion of research and development in the broad area of informatics.
Research in informatics forms a frontier of scientific research in the twenty-first century. It is expected to give a basis for the development of every academic field and give rise to new research themes and methods through interaction between various academic disciplines. In its application, informatics should also have significant effects on industry, economy, culture and life in modern society.
Progress in Informatics provides researchers and practitioners with a forum to exchange cutting-edge results from research and development in those areas such as foundations of informatics, information infrastructure systems, software research, multimedia information, intelligent systems, human and social information and research on research information. The published articles consist not only of original research papers but also of surveys and project reports which contribute internationally to the progress of research and development. Articles with multimedia contents such as videos and programs will be published through NII's online multimedia presentation environment.
- International Journal
- Succession of "NII Journal" (journal title change)
- Comprehensive and international publication of research and development activities in information-related fields
- Papers are in one of the following four areas of informatics.
- Research paper
- Survey / tutorial
- Case study / field report / technical note
- R&D project report
- Promotion of digitization of the publication and encouragement of its dissemination to the world
- Linkage with multimedia systems (links to video data etc.)
Print ISSN and Online ISSN
Print ISSN : 1349-8614
Online ISSN : 1349-8606
Editorial Committee of the "Progress in Informatics",
National Institute of Informatics,
2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo, 101-8430 JAPAN